Widow Jane Bourbon 10 years 45.5% 700ml
"It takes sweet water from tough rock to make great whiskey." Widow Jane 10 years old is a blend of whiskeys from Kentucky, Tennesse and Indiana, assembled in Brooklyn using water from the "Widow Jane Limestone Mine" in Rosendale, New York, which is even richer in minerals than the pure waters of Kentucky. Bottled at 45.5%, it does make a beautiful Bourbon! Tasting note from the Ultimate Beverage Challenge 1998. 93 points. NOSE: reminiscent of maple kissed breakfast pancakes with a side of bacon. PALATE: presents and astoundingly smooth profile, where rich flavors of plantains in browned butter, cocoa nibs, and orange marmalade sing in harmony. A warm, pleasing finish begs another sip. (Apr 2018)
To build a great city, you start with the toughest foundation known. New York City did just that with the natural cement made from limestone found only in Rosendale, NY. The greatest structures in New York from the gargantuan caissons that allowed the Brooklyn Bridge to soar, to the Statue of Liberty's 27,000-ton pedestal, to the Empire State Building itself are all held fast and strong by that Rosendale stone. When the Widow Jane team set out to produce their own whiskey, they wanted to offer something that was bold and rich with character but most importantly had the intense taste of New York in each sip. Widow Jane products use water taken directly from the legendary mines of Rosendale, NY. This self-renewing source of water is naturally filtered through limestone and collects in the massive underground caverns.
- 2019 & 2020 Best Blended Storight Bourbon by the Beverage Tasting Institute – Gold Medal
- Beverage Testing Institute, 2020, 95 points - Gold Medal – Exceptional
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition, 2020, Gold, Small Batch Bourbons 6-10yrs
- Beverage Testing Institute, 2019, 95 points - Gold Medal – Exceptional
- Whiskies of the World, 2019, Gold, Outstanding for 'Bourbon over 6yrs'
- Ultimate Spirits Challenge, 2018, 93 points - Excellent, Highly Recommended
- Whiskies of the World, 2018, Gold 'Bourbon over 6yrs'
- Beverage Testing Institute, 2017, 92 points - Gold Medal – Exceptional
- Whiskies of the World, 2017, Best in Class - Bourbon >5 years - Gold Medal
- Whiskies of the World, 2020, Best in Class - Bourbon >5 years - Gold Medal