PORT CHARLOTTE 13YO Whisky 64.6% 700ml
When the Bruichladdich distillery reopened in 2001, the new owners at the time decided to develop, in addition to the eponymous whiskey, two other much more peaty single malts: Octomore and Port Charlotte. Alternately, peaty, smoky, saline and iodized, this version which takes us back 14 years, pays a vibrant tribute to the men who gave it birth and who have allowed it to acquire over time an enormous amount of complexity. retaining the naturalness that befits the best Islay. Single Cask # R091600007 - Sherry Limited edition of 420 bottles for France Profile: spicy (clove), camphor, smoky (ash) and liquorice. Air. Peat and smoke play on a par with fresh-cut grass and candied fruit. TASTING NOTE Colour: deep golden yellow. Nose: firm, lively. Particularly rooty peat close to malted barley takes hold of the first nose. Then, it gradually becomes spicy (cloves), camphoric, smoky (ash) and liquorice. Slender, it mellows with notes of vanilla, coconut and lemon. We also perceive dark chocolate and white fruits (apple, pear). Palate: fine, airy. On the attack, peat and smoke play on equal terms with fresh-cut grass and candied fruits. On the mid-palate, ginger and liquorice stick provides a fibrous and somewhat tannic interlude. When aired, it evokes with limpidity notes of bitumen on which grow heady white flowers (lily, iris, lily of the valley). Overall: long, elegant. This time, the course is set towards more marine and more saline tones. Thus, iodine, fleur de sel and seaweed inexorably take possession of the palate. It continues with notes of tobacco and spices (pepper, ginger). The retro olfaction is vanilla and the empty glass dazzles with peaty, fruity and spicy luminosity.
Port Charlotte was a Scotch whisky distillery on the island of Islay, off the west coast of Scotland. The distillery was based in the village of Port Charlotte on the grounds of the former Lochindaal Distillery 2 miles (3 kilometres) southwest from the Bruichladdich distillery. Port Charlotte Distillery was a purpose-built distillery, founded in 1829, which was still in operation until 1929. It was formerly called the Lochindaal distillery. The distillery was located in the center of Port Charlotte village. After various owners, the distillery was finally closed in 1929. However, the buildings have remained intact