Hartshorn Vodka Sheep Whey 40% 500ml
Australia's Best Vodka 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017! 5 years in a row!! WINNER OF THE WORLD'S BEST VODKA 2018! Each Bottle is hand sprayed black before the label is hand written and signed by Ryan Hartshorn (Head distiller) Very Small batches of 17-24 bottles for each batch depending on bottle size. Creamy sweet nose, velvet body with a smooth attitude to finish. Additionally, the nose has a delicate brown sugar sweetness with a delightful floral undertone. Therefore, Upon tasting you are welcomed with fresh pear and golden apple. Rounding out with hints of wild spice, leather and mineral freshness to finish. Super smooth with little heat and plenty of character. Designed to drink straight at room temperature. Serve alone in a large aromatic glass or as a vodka martini with a pair of quality green olives. This product is certainly one of our favorites, and we highly recommend trying this beautiful spirit. Try Australias best vodka 2021 today! Take a look at how Ryan goes about his process: Click Here
- Explore the Oaked Vodka also!
Hartshorn Distillery is a new Tasmanian micro distillery making boutique batches of Vodka and Gin from their own sheep whey. They are the first in the world to create this unique product. Proud to be the smallest distillery in Australia making small 10 bottle batches using a 50L glass column still. Each bottle and label is hand painted by head distiller Ryan so you can display it proudly amongst your collection. All of the spirits are unfiltered meaning you can enjoy a spirit with more character and complexity. Ryan and his family run Grandvewe Cheeses in Birchs Bay located deep in Tasmania's south. When making cheese, the whey is often discarded and put to little use. Ryan has spent the last two years discovering how to turn the complex sugars held within the whey protein and convert them into a basic sugars to then ferment into alcohol and eventually distil. The resulting distillate has a delicately sweet bouquet and extremely smooth finish, thanks to the dairy influence and traditional aging methods.
- Won Worlds Best Vodka at the World Vodka Awards in London 2018
- Made the World top 50 wine and Spirit influences of the industry for 2019
- (International Wine and Spirits awards, Wine & Spirit Education Trust)
- Have won Australia’s Best Vodka for five years in a row 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 (World Vodka Awards In London)
- Won Australian Beverage of the year 2018 (Australian Drink awards)
- Won “Best in Bottle” at the 2019 Delicious Produce awards
- Won “Worlds Best dairy Drink” at the Worlds Dairy innovation awards 2019
- Won Most Unique Spirit Distillery – Australia (LUX life Food and Drink Awards 2019)
- Won Best Sustainable Boutique Vodka: Sheep Whey Vodka (LUX life Food and Drink Awards 2019)
- Won gold for best bottle design (World Vodka Awards In London)